Monday 8 January 2024

Echo Park - Winterland - Winter

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year and welcome to my first blog post for Papermaze for 2024!

I'm starting the year with an absolutely stunning new collection from Echo Park called Winterland. You can find it in the shop here. This collection is beautiful. The colour combinations, icons and patterns are just exquisite - so much so that I've gone full on patterned paper for this layout. It's just too nice not to fill the page!


For this page, I used the Welcome Winter and Wintertime papers, creating a 1/3 - 2/3 design. 

I trimmed about half an inch from each side and distressed the edges before adhering to a piece of white cardstock from the Matchmaker pack.

I mounted my 2 photos again using coordinating cardstock from the Matchmaker pack and raising on foam along the line where the 2 patterned papers meet.


To create the large vertical floral cluster, I fussy cut some flowers from the Winterland Floral. Some of the florals are quite intricate so take your time to fussy cut. I really enjoy it as I find it therapeutic. There are some large statement florals on the paper so I didn't need to cut that many to make a big impact.

Once they were cut, I positioned them along the 2 paper lines, sticking some flat and some on foam to create extra dimension.


In amongst the florals, I added some stickers from the Element Stickers - snowflakes, some small phrases in shapes and a few small word stickers.

  

Next, I added a big statement title from the Element Stickers, raising on foam to help separate it from the florals.

I also curled the edges of the paper at the top and bottom of the vertical cluster to a bit of extra depth.

Offset from the title, I fussy cut some mittens from the Multi-Journaling Cards paper and added these on foam, almost as if they hang from the title.


To help balance the design, I added a few small banners from the Element stickers directly under the edge of the photograph.


As a finishing touch, I added lots of white Nuvo Drops throughout the page. There are so many options in the store, but for this page, the colour I used was Ivory Seashell. 


I hope you've enjoyed reading about how this page came together. It really was a joy to create!

I'm already looking forward to creating again with this collection and will be back later this month to show you the result.

See you soon! 

Claire xx
@scrappysoulmate

No comments: