Monday 29 January 2024

Simple Stories Winter Wonder - Snow Much Fun

Hello, Karen here again. Today I have a scraplift  to share with you using the Winter Wonder collection from Simple Stories as well as a page from the Discover & Create Painted Backgrounds Paper Pad from Vicki Butin.

Inspiration for this layout was this gorgeous layout created recently by Jana Eubank. I was particularly drawn to the vertical collection of embellishments down the centre of the page.


For my layout I started with a sheet of paper from the Discover & Create Painted Backgrounds Paper Pad from Vicki Butin, which had a purple design on it. The Winter Wonder collection from Simple Stories doesn't have any purple in it, but as my daughter was wearing a purple coat in my photos, I thought the Background paper was perfect. I trimmed the paper down slightly and matted it onto a sheet of pale purple Bazzill cardstock to leave a narrow border all round the edge.


Inspired by Jana's layout, I layered papers from the Winter Wonder collection on top of the background.  Using a black gel pen I outlined all the papers as well as the background paper.


On to the papers I placed my two photos which were matted with white card and tucked a tag, cut from the tag elements paper behind one of the photos. The tag was tied with some black and white twine and the twine was secured in place with some wet adhesive.


Between the two photos I placed a couple of narrow strips of patterned paper to anchor the floral bits and pieces which I cascaded down the page. I chose pieces which were black, pink and green to co-ordinate with the papers used. There are 72 die cuts in the pack of bits and pieces so there were lots to choose from!


In my stash I found some wood veneer snowflakes and stars and added these on top of and around the die cuts.


Letters die cut from a scrap of black cardstock were used for the title placed beneath one of the photos.


The date, cut from more black cardstock, was added at the bottom of the layout.


I finished the layout by scattered a few sequins from Picket Fence Studios here and there.

I hope you like this layout. I'm loving the Winter Wonder collection and will be back again soon with another layout to give you ideas for your own scrapbooking. Winter Wonder can be found here.

Take Care
Karen x x


No comments: