Friday 12 January 2024

Simple Stories Winter Wonder - 'Tis the Season to Sparkle

Hello, Karen here. Today I am sharing my first layout for 2024 and my first layout using the gorgeous Winter Wonder collection from Simple Stories. This collection is all about snow and is perfect for scrapbooking winter memories. The designs on the papers include snowmen, cups of hot drinks, snowflakes, snow boots, scarves, mittens, skis and much more. The collection includes  wonderful ephemera die cuts including some beautiful Floral Bits and Pieces which I've been using.

I started my layout by cutting a huge snowflake on the Silhouette Cameo from the centre of a 11.5" square of smooth white cardstock. The snowflake shaped hole was backed with a sheet of the Snow Happy Paper, which was slightly bigger than the white cardstock and left a narrow border round the edge, and then the whole layout was layered onto a 12" square sheet of dark kraft cardstock.

Using some silver metalic thread I machine stitched a straight stitch all the way round the edge of the white cardstock. My sewing machine really does not like metalic thread so this was a real labour of love.

I also stitch with the same silver thread round the outside of the snowflake and I choose to hand stich this due to the difficulty using the sewing machine. It took quite some time but I really like the end effect and it does make the finished layout sparkle.

Laying on my desk I had some kraft coloured cardstock snowflakes which were left over from making a few Christmas Cards last month. One fitted perfectly in the centre of the backed snowflake and so I decided to add this to the layout too.

My photo was printed with a white border and matted with some of the Snuggle Up paper. A piece of white pom pom trim from my stash was stuck to the bottom of the photo before the photo was added to the layout with 3D foam underneath.

Some of the Floral Bits & Pieces were tucked under the edges of the photo, specifically the green and peach coloured pieces.

In the top right corner of the layout I added some word strips cut from one of the 4x4 elements.

The date was added to the bottom of the layout using tiny alpha stickers from my stash.

Finally I scattered some silver sequins and some very, very old Card Candi around the layout.

I hope you like this layout. I enjoyed making it and am really enjoying using this new collection. I'll be back again soon with another layout but until then there will be plenty more inspiration from my talented team mates.

Take Care

Karen x x



No comments: