Friday 26 January 2024

Enjoy Yourself - Mintay Papers - The Great Outdoors Collection

Hello everyone, Rebecca with you today. I hope you've all had a good week and have lots of scrappy fun planned for the weekend. I managed to escape to my craft room for a bit this week and have created another layout with Mintay Papers' 'The Great Outdoors' collection. You can find the collection in the shop here.



For this layout, I began by cutting different sized hexagons from several of the patterned papers. After distressing the edges using my scissors, I layered them up, trying to pair a patterned paper with a more solid paper. I arranged them on the page, and added my hexagon shaped photo to the left, with a couple of patterned papers behind it. 



Using the Paper Die Cuts, I embellished the layout creating small clusters around the edges of the hexagons. I've placed foam pads behind the die cuts so that I could create some dimension on the page.



I felt like the background needing something, but I didn't want to add lots of mixed media and lose the definition of the hexagons, so I decided to add some stencilling. I selected some tree stencils from my stash, and a Distress Oxide Ink Pad in the shade 'Rustic Wilderness'. Using a blending brush, I added the colour through the stencils. I stencilled the trees overlapping and varied how hard I pressed the ink through the stencil to help create lots of depth. 



For my title. I've used an acrylic perspextive from my stash, and finished the layout off with the addition of some wooden stars.



I hope you've enjoyed the layouts I've created with this collection, and it's inspired you to try something new this year!



Thanks for reading.

Rebecca x
@preciouspagespapercraft

No comments: