Friday 19 January 2024

January Papermaze Kit - Part 1

 

Lynn here today, with a new kit for a new year! The January Papermaze Kit is now available in store. I have created four layouts with this kit of wintery, muted colours, here is the first pair I made.



Before looking at how the layouts were made, here are the details of what is inside the kit.


Patterned Papers: (image below shows both sides of the papers)
49 and Market - Moonlit Garden collection - Calming & Reflections
Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Essentials collection - Limited Edition
Echo Park - Wedding Bells collection - Precious Peonies
Pinkfresh Studios - Holiday Dreams collection - Under the Tree
Vicki Boutin - Discover + Create collection - Nonfiction


Bazzill Basics - Lagoon & Touch of Pink (included in the kit). Almond Cream, Date Swirl, Avalanche and Dark Olive.


Embellishments: 1 Prima flower, 6 Tim Holtz number strips ephemera, Tim Holtz number token, 12" Lace, 3 heart enamel stickers, 2 Vicki Boutin chipboard frames, selection of simple Stories foam stickers and 6 - 49 & Market chipboard words.


Disney on Ice - My nephew and his family at the O2 last month.


This layout started by stencilling onto the Avalanche Bazzill, I used two Tim Holtz Layering Stencils THS003 Rays and THS170 Spellbound and Three shades of Distress Oxide Ink (Weathered Wood, Iced Spruce and Speckled Egg).  I outlined the rays with a very fine black marker pen.



With the Holiday Dreams paper, I tore two strips across the paper, one approx. 2 1/2" deep, with the snowflake side up, was placed over the other, which was a little deeper, with the grid side up. I inked the edges of these papers. These were then trimmed to 11.5" wide and placed across the centre of the layout.


I cut a Mickey Sketched Head using a cutfile (Disney Creative Co.) and the Date Swirl Bazzill. This was placed at a slight angle in the centre of the page. I placed four small photos across the middle of the head.


For the title I used some alphabet stickers from my stash, Thickers Bonjour glitter chipboard letter stickers and Doodlebug Designs Inc. Alphabet Soup puffy letter stickers in Silver and Mint.



For embellishment I used the
3 heart enamel stickers from the kit together with sequins, pearls and gems from my stash. I also found a little Mickey paperclip in my stash.


Welcome to Our New Home - These photos take me back to the time when my sister and her family moved house.

With Avalanche Bazzill as the base for the layout, I flicked some weathered Wood Distress Oxide Spray over the Bazzill. Next, I added strips of paper cut from the remains of the 'Holiday Dreams' paper and both sides of the paper called 'Reflections', including the detail strip. These were layered up at the top and bottom of the layout leaving the centre free.



The two square photos were added to the centre of the page. Then with the Simple Stories Foam Word Stickers (included in the kit) I started the title with the words 'Home' and 'Welcome', I also used the house, hearts and flowers from this set to the page.



I finished off the title with some other stickers from my stash to spell out 'To Our New'. Then with some metallic letter stickers I aded the date below the title.



With some Baker's Twine and a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Plaquette, which happened to be the number of the house! I tied the number to the lower part of the layout. I also looped an old key to the twine before sticking down.

That's all for today, I will be back with a pair of heritage layouts using this kit soon.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

No comments: