Friday 12 June 2020

Bear Hugs ........ Prima Capri

Hello again!

It's Anita here today and I have got a layout to share with you today using some Prima papers from their Capri Collection. Designed by Frank Garcia, this beautiful range was inspired by the magic and beauty of travel and the elegance of vintage flair. It's full of inspiring travel quotes, beautiful florals, and textured patterns and has delightful holographic foil designs scattered throughout the pages.

I decided to not follow the travel theme however with my layout and hopefully this will also show how versatile the range is.




So I decided to scrap these gorgeous hugging bears, a gift I gave my hubby earlier this year! He loves bears....I love hugs.....perfect combo!
The layout is based on a sheet of cardstock, which was gutted and the excess piece was used to mat the photo and also create some of the flower layers. The picture below shows some of the delicate gold holographic foiling that appears on the sheets in varying degrees. Its very pretty and captures the light beautifully.


I used a sheet of  Capri Carolina for the background and also chopped up a sheet of  Grotto Bianco and Arco Naturale. Brown acrylic paint was gently swiped around all the edges of the panels and the page and I also gave a few squirts and splats of Cosmic Shimmer Mist across the page  in Ancient Copper and another colour I have, but the label has come off so I apologise I have no idea which colour it is!


I wasn't sure initially how to embellish my page and thought it might be nice for a change to get out some of my older dies that I haven't used for a long time.
 After having a good rummage I decided on using my Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Bigz die which is an old favourite of mine and also a Sizzix Flourish and Nouveau alphabet dies for the title.


The flowers were cut using 2 different plain cardstock sheets and also some were cut from a sheet of Arco Naturale 
I layered them up, mixing the designs. By curling the edges up in different ways you can easily change the design of the flowers. This does however create quite a depth to the flowers and lots of scrappers prefer to not have such 'lumpy' layouts. These die cuts can also be left flat and be layered...still very pretty and then they sit a bit wider on the page.
I also die cut some flourishes, gave them a little spray misting and added them in below the flowers.                                                                                    



I added some sparkly cabouchons to the centre of the flowers and a sprinkling of pretty sparkly cabouchons and flat backed crystals were scattered about the page to finish it off ( I do so love a bit of sparkle!!)

Its actually made a nice change to scrap just an object rather than a person for a change....and also use a themed collection for a different theme than it was designed for. It really is a gorgeous collection.

Why not pop along to the SHOP and have a cuppa and a good look round. There are always lots of New Products and lots and lots of other goodies to be found within the site....and we all deserve a treat now and again eh ;)

See you later in the month again....Happy Crafting!

Warmest wishes
Anita xxx

6 comments:

Lynn said...

This is stunning, love the colours and the way you have layered everything. Great to see the classic dies being used too. xx

Anita said...

Thanks so much Lynn, it was quite nice to go back old school again xx

Karen said...

This is gorgeous Anita. I love the colours and the foiling. The flowers look lovely. x x

Anita said...

Thank you very much Karen xx

Claire Louise said...

Absolutely beautiful! Such a pretty page x

Anita said...

Thank you very much Claire Louise xx