Friday 26 June 2020

Sunkissed...

Hi Everyone

 Anita here with you to end the week today! And what a week it's been!! Its just got hotter and hotter as the days have passed hasn't it, to the point that I am now absolutely melting and my scrap layouts are in danger of turning to Papier Mache!! With it feeling totally tropical outside it seems apt to be using these fabulous and vibrant papers from the Sunkissed Collection by Kaisercraft.
  
Tropical palms, exotic birds & beautiful florals bring this lush, vibrant colour palette to life and its perfect for scrapping holiday photos, garden photos and anything that makes you smile really.


I wanted to scrap this photo of our 2 girls on holiday a couple of years ago in Tenerife and this really was the perfect range to do it with!
 I have worked with just 3 sheets of paper
Martini
Mojito
Pineapple Sour

I also used some Raven Cardstock and a little sprinkling of Unicorn Stickles to highlight areas with along with some crochet cotton for a few cross stitches.





The page was backed using a sheet of  Mojito that I gutted the centre from ( approx a 10" square), turned it over and stuck the gutted square back in the hole it came from so it showed the dotty reverse side. This then created the background that sits behind the photo.

I took the sheet of Martini and trimmed 5mm off of each side, which then allowed the sheet behind to create a patterned frame around the page ( I actually find I do this with a high percentage of my layouts)
I then gutted out the centre circle carefully because on the reverse side of the sheet there are lots of panels of sayings and it meant I could save some bits to use (alternatively I probably should have purchased 2 sheets of that design and then I would have had a lot more to choose from!)




I chose a couple of the panels and cut them to the chosen shape I required and then matted them  with black card along with matting the photo. I like that the black against the bright colours really stands out well. All Kaisercraft Collections make the best use of the manufacturers strip at the bottom and use them for sayings etc, so I chose one of the strips, matted that and placed it across the base of the layout

I took the sheet of Pineapple Sour and fussy cut the section with the parrot which I layered onto the bottom right of the layout (gosh there are some VERY fine leaves on there....and I am afraid I bottled out of cutting inbetween some of them LOL) and then also fussy cut the butterfly from the same page.
On the pink panel at the top left side of the layout I used a white Signo Uniball Gel pen and changed the word 'I' to 'We' to fit the page better. I have tried a few white pens and really have found this one to be the best by a long shot. Some can dry a bit wishy washy but this one seems to stay nice and bright white!



I had some different colour crochet cottons so picked out a few colours that tied in with the papers and then sewed a few random cross stitches here and there about the page and then finished it all off with a few highlights on the flowers, leaves and the butterfly using Unicorn Stickles.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my page :) I am sure everyone has lots of holiday snaps from previous years to scrap and if you pop over to the SHOP you will find lots of gorgeous papers to play with to save those special memories.

Happy Crafting!
Warmest wishes
Anita xx

2 comments:

Karen said...

This is so pretty Anita. x x

Anita said...

Thanks Karen, they are such gorgeous papers, so vibrant....and they really do the work for you xx