Wednesday 10 June 2020

'Ready Set Go' - 12x12 Layout using Photoplay 'Little Builder' Collection

Hello, Rebecca with you today sharing another layout created with the 'Little Builder' collection from Photoplay. I decided to get a little messy today with some mixed media on my background.



I knew I would be scrapping a photo of my son with a traffic light so wanted to stick to the traffic light colours for this layout. I pulled out a Distress Ink Pad in 'Mowed Lawn', a yellow water colour paint and Cosmic Pixie Powder in 'Lava Red'. I used the packaging technique to apply all 3 colours to my white cardstock in the centre of the page. I made sure the area I covered was bigger than my photo so that it wouldn't all get covered up with photos and embellishments.

I trimmed my background down slightly on two sides, and then tore sections out of the cardstock on the top and bottom and added layers of bazzill cardstock from the Matchmaker Pack behind the tears to fill the gaps - again sticking to the traffic light colours. I then distressed all the edges and mounted the whole thing onto black cardstock.


I took a section from the 'My Sweet Boy' cut-apart patterned paper which says 'Read Set Go' and cut it to the same size as my photo. I matted both onto white cardstock, and then again onto black and placed them in the centre of my layout with a layer of adhesive foam behind them.

I grabbed some black bazzill cardstock and hand drew a small traffic light. I used a circle punch to cut out the 3 circles for the 'lights'. I raised the traffic light up with foam pads and backed each circle with papers from either the collection or the matchmaker pack. For the red light I used the reverse of the 'My Sweet Boy' patterned paper, for the yellow (or amber!) I used a sheet of yellow bazzill from the Matchmaker Pack, and for the green light I used the reverse of the 'Little Trucks' patterned paper. I then added detailing using my Uni-ball Signo White Gel Pen.


Next I added two small strips of the 'B' side of the 'Hard at Play' patterned paper. Because the 'Ready Set Go' card was blue, I felt like I needed to add a tiny bit of blue to my layout, and so the rainbow stripes of this patterned paper were perfect. I distressed the edges and slotted these two strips either side of my photo and cut-apart title card.


I felt like the layout needed more pops of black to balance it out because the traffic light was so dark, so I added a strip of torn washi tape underneath the photos. I had a few cardboard traffic lights in my stash that I rescued from a really cheap toy my son had that broke and was recycled, so I scattered these around my photo and title card, raising the top half up on each one to add dimension.


I also added a couple of stickers from the Elements Stickers Sheet - the traffic cone and the green and blue arrow, a couple of stickers and an ephemera piece from my stash, and also some chipboard elements. The 'limited edition' chipboard is from a Tim Holtz Ideaology Quote Chips pack, and the 'Dude' piece is from a Dusty Attic Word Pack. I used black embossing powder and a heat gun to emboss the word 'Dude' before adhering it to the layout.



And that was me done! This layout came together pretty quickly for me so I was quite pleased with myself.

I hope you've enjoyed this layout, please don't forget to head over to the shop to check it out before it all sells out!

See you later in the month!

Take care,

Rebecca x




4 comments:

Anita said...

Anotger really lovely page Rebecca, loving the traffic light you made and those triple layers of exposed cardstock are perfect. Xx

Lynn said...

This is lovely, love the way you have used the bright colours, they are perfect for the photo. xx

Karen said...

Cute layout Rebecca. So bright and colourful and I love the traffic light coloured cardstock pieces peeking out from the edges. x x

Rebecca Moore said...

Thank you ladies! I've been waiting to scrap these photos for ages so this collection was perfect! x