Wednesday 24 June 2020

'Discover Nature Again' - 12x12 Layout using Shimelle 'Never Grow Up'

Hello, its Rebecca with you again today with a brand new collection! I'm working with the 'Never Grow Up' collection by Shimelle this time around and I'm here to share my first layout - Discover Nature Again.


I really love how this layout came together and turned out - which is just as well because I burnt the dinner making it! I received my design team box in the post, and thought I'd just spend 5 minutes flicking through it whilst dinner was cooking to see what I had. I came across the 'Treehouse Dreams' patterned paper and instantly had an idea of how to use it and before I knew it I was halfway through a layout and forgot about dinner!

This paper is double sided - one side has the grass, sky and clouds, and the other side is exactly the same except it has a tree house on it. My instincts were telling me it would be easier to use the A side, but it seemed a shame to waste that beautiful tree house so I decided to challenge myself and use the B side. Eeeek!

I started by cutting a circle out of the paper to incorporate the tree house on the right, and then cut out a couple of the clouds using a craft knife. I distressed all the edges and stuck the circle flat onto white cardstock - slightly off-centre. I then replaced the clouds, but propped up on foam dots to add dimension and depth to the layout.


I trimmed down the white cardstock and distressed the edges, and used the outer part of the patterned paper as a border. I then machine stitched around the edge of the white cardstock.

I've used two photos on this layout - both matted on white cardstock and then one on blue and one on green to co-ordinate with the patterned paper. The photos are of my little boy enjoying a long-awaited day out at our local National Trust site. We've missed these days out during the Covid-19 pandemic so we are really grateful to be back 'out there' enjoying the outdoors again.

I positioned my photos to the left hand side of the page being careful not to cover up any of the tree house - this was the reason I stuck the circle down slightly off-centre. I cut out two of the journalling cards from the B side of the 'Life is the Bubbles' patterned paper, distressed the edges and popped them peeking out behind the top of my photos.


I've embellished my layout with some die-cut insects and a compass from my stash, some 'Puffy Stickers', some 'Accent and Phrase Stickers' (both from the collection) and some frames from 'Everyday Musings'. I've added my title 'Discover Nature Again' using different alphabet stickers from my stash.


I finished the layout off by adding some fussy-cut elements from the 'Summer Adventures' patterned paper, and after taking photos, I've added my journalling around the edge of the circle of patterned paper.


I hope you've enjoyed this layout! I'll be back next month with more layouts created using this collection. Please don't forget to check it out in the shop.

Take care,

Rebecca x

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Love this, so much fun xx

Anita said...

Love this page! Really different, super cute! xx

Karen said...

Such a cute layout Rebecca. x x