Wednesday 14 October 2020

Amazing Autumn

Hi There
It's Anita back with you today and I have my 2nd layout using Simple Stories Vintage Autumn Splendor collection.
I love EVERYTHING about Autumn......the breathtaking colours of Mother Nature making her changes, the earthy scent and nip in the air, the softer golden rays of sunlight, the chance to start to snuggle up under jumpers, blankets and layers after being way too hot through the summer. But more than anything, I love the magnificent sunrises and sunsets.
 
In 2017 we celebrated our 25th wedding Anniversary, we spent 10 days travelling up one side of the UK and back down the other, seeing beautiful places and making lots of happy memories. But its always nice to come home isnt it! So at the end of our break we got up nice an early and drove up onto The South Downs looking out over the sea at Eastbourne and watched the sunrise together...it was beautiful....but very cold!
 
 



I backed the page on a sheet of Russet cardstock from my own stash and then took a sheet of  Fall Blessings, this has a lovely wood panel effect in the background. I followed the lines of the panels and made a few little slices in random areas using a craft knife. I picked at these a little bit to distress the edges and create a bit of *weathered* effect and texture.


I also used 2 other sheets from the collection for this layout:

2 x 2 Elements

4 x 4 Elements


I cut out various elements from both sheets and then layered some around the page, tucking some behind and some infront of the photo and leaving some elements single layer too. With so many to choose from there is no shortage of lovely little bits and pieces you can use on your page.


I popped some antique copper brads onto the 4 corners of the page and finished the layout off by tying 3 lengths of dark brown paper twine across the page, knotting it on one side.




Simple Stories Collections really are lovely to work with and there are so many fabulous ranges, covering all sorts of themes. You can see the superb choice Vanessa has available in the shop HERE.

I will be back later in the month, this time with some divine Prima papers that I am off to play with shortly.

Happy Crafting!
Warmest wishes
Anita xx

 







1 comment:

Claire Louise said...

Just love the way you've distressed the wood paper. So clever. It's a beautiful page x