Wednesday 7 October 2020

Pebbles Spooky - Fright Night - Mwahahaha!

 Well Hello there!

Claire here, and as it's October, I'm sharing my first layout using the Pebbles Spooky collection, celebrating all things Halloween!

Designing with this collection is the most scrappy fun i've had in a long time. It's full of really striking and inspiring patterns that are sure to spark your creativity - here's what it inspired me to create!


I started the layout with some black Premium Cardstock and layered a piece of Mwahahaha paper on top. I trimmed this down slightly and distressed the edges to help it stand out next to the black base sheet. I used the paper B side up, showing off this amazing spiders web pattern, perfect for spooky layouts. To add a bit more dimension, I left opposite corners tape free so I could curl them at the edges.

Next, I used some white and orange paint with a brayer to create a mixed media background. I'd never used a brayer before and was really happy with the effect vs effort so would definitely recommend.  I splattered a bit of extra paint around the edges to make it a little less uniform.

Next I started on my layers. I cut a spiders web on my cricut and matted my photo using the October 31st and the Bad Luck papers, distressing the edges to match the larger sheet (this is the BEST Halloween stripe I've seen about this year so far!).

The October 31st paper contains lots of cut apart elements on the A side - I just had to fussy cut the "Iv'e got my eye on you" sentiment and add it to my photo.  Next, I placed some funky ephemera pieces around my photo from the Icon Ephemera pack - these are super cute and make a big impact - Just love them, especially that skeleton!



To finish the page off, I used the Mwahahaha puffy phrase sticker and added some Divine Twine, a flair and my favourite nuvo drops.  The Fright Night Title uses the Crate Paper Sunny Days alpha stickers - who would have thought something from that collection would be so perfect for Halloween - They are a match made in heaven! 

I absolutely love this page - even if I do look hideously awful in the photo!! But don't worry, I promise the next layout is a lot cuter and I will be back with that in a few weeks time.


See you then

(Mwahahaha...!!)

Claire xx


No comments: