Friday 2 October 2020

Paige Evans Go The Scenic Route - Love These Faces.

Hello, Karen C here with a layout using Paige Evans latest collection called Go The Scenic Route.

This collection is a brightly coloured travel themed collection but it can also be used for lots more. I've used it today to scrapbook photos of the furry members of our family.


I started with a 12x12 sheet of black cardstock and onto this I layered slightly smaller pieces of patterned paper #20 (B Side) and white cardstock. I gutted the patterned paper before attaching it so that I would be able to use the paper which would otherwise have been hidden. I machine stitched round the edges of the white cardstock with white thread.

I then added a strip of  patterned paper #11 and a piece of paper #20 to the layout and also added four turquoise paper doilies. Both of the paper pieces were matted on black cardstock first. My two 3x4 photos were added to the layout.


I cut some of the printed circular designs from the left over patterned paper #11, glued these onto white cardstock circles and then using a pink embroidery silk I stitched along the lines of the printed circles. When finished I matted the stitched circles onto black cardstock to use as embelishments and placed them in the centre of the doilies.



One of the pieces from the pack of Journal Ephemera was tucked underneath the right edges of the photos. Black sequins were added.


A butterfly from the Journal Ephemera pack was also added to the layout. I added foam underneath the right wings so that it sat level with the stitched circle.


I die cut on a manual die cutting machine my title lettering from some black fun foam. This was glued around one of the stitched circles and I also added some tiny foam hearts.

The layout was completed with a scattering of black sequins.

I really love the bright colours of this collection and am looking forward to creating more with it. The full collection can be found here in the shop.

Until next time, take care.
Karen x x 

No comments: