Monday 12 October 2020

Happy Halloween - Simple Stories - Boo Crew Collection

Hello, it's Rebecca here with you today. I'm so excited for this month's layouts - I love, love, love Halloween and all things Halloween-related! I get so excited every year seeing all the beautiful Halloween collections, and the 'Boo Crew' Collection by Simple Stories really caught my eye. It is a very mono-chromatic collection and only really contains four colours - orange, grey, black and ivory. I couldn't wait to get stuck in with my first layout - 'Happy Halloween'.


I selected the 'Hey Pumpkin' patterned paper and drew a large pumpkin shape on it and cut it out. With a paper-piercing tool, I pierced holes in lines down the pumpkin to mimic the natural pattern of a pumpkin. I used black embroidery thread to hand-stitch along the lines. I then stuck the pumpkin to a sheet of 'Pumpkin Patch' bazzill cardstock from the Matchmaker Pack and pierced holes all around the edge of the pumpkin. Again, I hand-stitched around the edge and then trimmed the cardstock down to just leave a thin orange border around the edge of the pumpkin.


I adhered the pumpkin to the right of my layout using double-sided tape, and placed my photos to the left of it, after matting them with several layers of cardstock. I added three tags to my layout which I cut from the 'Tags' patterned paper. I absolutely love this paper - one side has tags with patterns just at the top, and the other side has full patterned tags. It is stunning! I added two behind my photos, and one which says 'Oct 31' to the right of my photos. I wanted to make the 'Oct 31' tag stand out a bit more against the 'Hey Pumpkin' patterned paper, so I distressed the edges and went around it with a Distress Ink in 'Black Soot'. I finished my tags by adding some co-ordinating Halloween Bakers Twine

I trimmed my entire layout down by about 1/4 inch on each side and distressed the edges before mounting it onto a border made from the 'B side' of the Hey Pumpkin patterned paper. I folded the top left hand corner over and secured it with a pumpkin brad with some black thread tangled around it.

I moved on to embellishing my layout, firstly adding my title using the 'Happy Halloween' and a row of pumpkins from the Combo Cardstock Stickers sheet. Next I added a dangling spider, some stars and some pumpkins from the Chipboard Stickers and scattered a few more stickers around including some phrase stickers and a moon in the top right corner. 



I finished my layout with an orange flair badge, and used black Nuvo Drops to draw a pumpkin face on it. 


I really hope you've enjoyed this layout as much as I enjoyed creating it. I think Halloween will be very different this year, but I'm not going to let that stop us having lots of fun and eating lots of sweets!

If you'd like to watch how this layout came together, there is a process video on my YouTube channel, which you can find Here.

I'll be back later in the month with another layout created using this fab collection.

Until then, take care.

Rebecca x


No comments: