Wednesday 3 March 2021

Happy Birthday - Carta Bella - Let's Celebrate Collection

Hello, it's Rebecca back with you today sharing another layout I've created using the 'Let's Celebrate' collection from Carta Bella. You can view the collection in the shop here.


I recently scraplifted a layout by Christine Meyer with lots of torn strips of patterned paper and I loved the technique so much I couldn't resist doing it again! It's worked really well with this layout because I've scrapped a photo of my little boy tearing open his birthday presents, and the torn paper strips remind me of the wrapping paper I spent ages clearing away after! 

I started with a sheet of Bazzill Basics Cardstock (Admiral) and used my Silhouette Cameo 4 to cut a circle from the centre. I then used the off-cut to create a large number 4. I handstitched a border around the edge of the circle using green embroidery thread. 



I then got to work tearing strips from lots of the patterned papers. I've used 'Make A Wish''Hip Hip Hooray' and 'Vintage Candle Packets' . I didn't measure my strips - just tore them roughly 2 inches wide. I then stuck these strips to a sheet of White Premium Cardstock, overlapping them slightly and raising the bottom edges up with foam pads to add lots of dimension.


I then stuck the outer edge of the blue bazzill cardstock on top, so that the circle I'd cut out was filled with the strips of torn papers. I then added the number 4 on top, also raising that up with foam to add some dimension.

I still had the balloon template I'd used for my previous layout (which you can find here.) sitting on my desk so decided to cut some more balloons! I cut three in total using the 'Party Palooza' and 'One Year Older' patterned papers, and also a sheet of bazzill cardstock to bring in some of the lighter blue from the patterned papers. I added some embroidery thread around the bottom of my balloons to ground them on the page, and also add some texture.


I matted my photo with the same red and green patterned papers and situated it to the right of my number 4. I used a number of stickers from the Element Stickers sheet to embellish my layout, with the 'Happy Birthday' banner sticker acting as my title.



I then went to town with my Nuvo Drops! I really do love Nuvo drops - they add so much colour and interest to a page. I've used three colours and have added a border all around the edges of the number 4 and also around the edge of my circle. 


This layout was really simple, and came together really quickly but I love the overall effect. The torn paper strips add so much texture and dimension to my page and makes it really interesting to look at. It did take a lot of patterned paper to make this layout, but I think the overall look of the page was really worth it.

I hope you've enjoyed this layout. If you'd like to watch how it came together I have a process video up on my YouTube channel which you can find here.

I'm hoping to pop back with one final layout using this collection - I have a few scraps of paper left so I will see what I can come up with!

Take care,

Rebecca x


No comments: