Friday 5 March 2021

A Disney Double Page with Simple Stories 'Say Cheese' by ScrappyAdam

 Happy Friday!

ScrappyAdam back with you. This month I am working with another Simple Stories collection - this time, I'm scrapping one of my favourite subjects - Disney! So, of course, I am using Say Cheese: Main Street! Plus a few older Say Cheese pieces!

I have one project to share with you today but it is a double page layout! I also have some other projects coming up later in the month!

So, onto my double page layout which documents a trip to Hollywood Studios at Disney World in Orlando. 




I started with two sheets of the Dream Come True paper. I cut a strip on a diagonal from one and then place them on opposite pages and did the same with the other sheet. It is a bit trial and error but easy to match up. I used a sheet of plain white cardstock to adhere my patterned paper to. I then added a further strip to the bottom of each page so I ended up with a large diagonal of the black stars paper. On closer look, you can see that the papers don't match on the cloud part as this was an impossibility! But I am ok with that - the black and washi tape makes up for it, I think!

I then took the red washi tape from the Washi Tape Set and on the top and bottom join of the papers adhered a strip of the washi. This joined them together more I thought and introduced more red to the page. 

I then set about adding my photos - I have four on this one. I've got a 4x4, 2 3x4 and a 4x6! I used two of the chipboard frames on the right page. I used various papers to back the one on the left and create a layered back to it. 

I created a cluster to the left of my photo on the right page using some of the bits and pieces from Main Street and older Say Cheese collections. I also used a bingo card from a cut apart sheet and some stickers from the elements stickers. You'll also see a foam sticker - they are amazing!! I layered lots of stickers and stapled these together. 


To the left hand page, I used some chipboard stickers from Say Cheese 4 to create some added interest - I didn't want to overload with photos across the pages (though I do have thousands of Disney photos to scrap so I probably should have)!




I then added a cluster to the top and bottom of the left side photo - again using various bits and pieces, foam stickers, sticker book, brads, enamel dots, puffy stickers from Say Cheese Main Street. 




Finally, I used the Colour Vibe Alpha sticker books (which are such good value and Vanessa has recently had lots of the new ones in which I've just received loads of, they last so long and the colour variety is brilliant!) to create a title (albeit a predictable/boring title!) that spanned across both pages. 

I hope you've enjoyed popping by today - thank you so much, it is really appreciated! I'll see you later in the month with more from this awesome collection but in the meantime, have a look at lots more inspiration from the other design team!

Take care and happy scrapping!

Adam x












1 comment:

Claire Louise said...

That's a lovely page. Perfect for Disney!