Monday 29 March 2021

Smile - P13 Paper Products - Beyond the Sea

Hello, Rebecca back with you today with another layout created using the gorgeous 'Beyond the Sea' collection by P13 Paper Products. I think I may have found my new favourite collection - I am enjoying working with it so much and I cannot believe how far this collection is stretching. I've made 7 layouts now and still have so much left!


I had the idea in my head that I wanted to cut a ship's steering wheel (Sailing folk - I apologise! I'm sure the wheel has a proper name but for the life of me I can't think of it!) from Paper #03, which is a gorgeous weathered wood effect pattern. I found an image online, and traced it in my silhouette software to give me the outline of the wheel. I then offset the image, and cut it slightly larger from a sheet of Bazzill Cardstock in 'Bark'. I stuck the two together and added foam on the reverse. 


I've used a sheet of white Premium Cardstock for my background, and have trimmed half an inch off each side and have used the leftover sheets of brown bazzill cardstock, and Paper #03 to add a layered border around the edge of my layout to frame the page. I've also distressed the edges to bring some texture to the layout.

Behind my wheel, I have added some very soft mixed media using a stencil brush and a distress ink in Salty Ocean to help create a bit of depth to the page.


In my photo, my husband and son are looking directly at the camera so I decided to have my photo sitting in the centre of my layout. I raised it up on foam, and added some cheesecloth behind it to bring in some more texture. I love using cheesecloth on beachy layouts and feel like it's the perfect texture. 


Moving on to embellishing my layout, I added some florals which I had fussy-cut from Paper #04 and some more of the fussy-cut elements from Paper #07 that were left over from my previous layouts. I've built a cluster either side of my photo, raising some of the elements up with foam pads. Nestled in the centre of these clusters are also two circular stickers from Cardstock Stickers #3.


For my title I have used a wood veneer piece which says 'Smile' and I've painted it with a Shimmerz Paint in 'Anchors Away'. (Shimmerz are new to Papermaze so if you haven't already checked them out, I highly recommend you do!)


I felt that the layout was a bit bottom-heavy so decided to create a small cluster in the top left corner to help balance the page out. I added the same blue ink to my background, and added a fussy-cut leaf cluster with a gorgeous tag from Cardstock Tags #3


I then finished my layout by drawing an outline border, in white, on the wheel to help add a bit more detail and make it look slightly more realistic. And that is my layout complete! This page came together VERY quickly for me - it only took 45 minutes to create. It definitely helps that this collection is so beautiful - the pages just seem to fall together effortlessly!

If you'd like to watch the process, there is a video on my YouTube channel, which you can find Here

Officially, that's me done for March! I do have some bits left from this collection so I’m sure I’ll manage another couple of layouts at some point!

You’ll notice that a lot of this collection has sold out on the website - it literally flew off the shelf! But fear not - restocks are on their way, along with a few more P13 collections so keep an eye on the website!

Take care,

Rebecca x

No comments: