Wednesday 17 March 2021

March Papermaze Kit - Part 1

Hello Lynn here today with the very pretty kit from Papermaze for March. I have my first two layouts to share with you, both very girly in theme.



Before we look at the process of making the pages, this is what you will find in the kit:
 
 

Patterned Papers:
Echo Park - Welcome Baby Girl collection - It's A Girl Floral & Rainbows
Echo Park - Our Wedding collection - I Do
Simple Stories - Winter Cottage collection - All is Calm
Simple Stories - Sweet Talk collection - Will You Be Mine?
Graphic 45 -Ephemera Queen collection - String of Pearls
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Avalanche & Flamingo

Reverse side of papers:

Embellishments: exclusive chipboard rainbow, 6 glitter domes, Kaisercraft curio, 2 prima flowers, strip Pebbles puffy hearts, Prima charm, 15" Prima lace, 50cm string, 3 wood buttons


Extra Bazzill Pack: Blossom, Rain Forest, Whirlpool & Butter

Tea A Hug In A Mug - The photos for this layout show Scarlett enjoying her favourite refreshment - a cut of tea. She loves to dunk rich tea biscuits - she would much rather have a cup of tea than chocolate or sweets.  

Starting with the 'Our Wedding' paper I gutted this to give me a wide border, 4cm deep. The 'Avalanche' Bazzill was trimmed to 25.5cm x 25.5cm. I inked the edges with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink (I used this or Tea Dye for all cut edges). This was mounted centrally over the border.

With a Peartree Cutfile, I cut the title from the Blossom Bazzill, with the remains of the Our Wedding paper, I backed the mug and letters using both sides. I used a scrap of Avalanche and Kraft Bazzill for the inside of the mug and the tea. 


I heart on the mug was backed with acetate, a few sequins were added, then behind that more patterned paper to create a small shaker.

I cut a letter 'a' using my cricut and used the heart from the cutfile to add the word 'tea' to my title with some glittery foam alpha stickers. My photos were backed with some Kraft Bazzill, and together with a doily I arranged everything onto the page. Once happy with the placement I glued it all down.

To embellish I cut some biscuits with a Craft Creations die and more Kraft Bazzill and arranged them around the page. I used the gold puffy heart sitckers from the kit all over the layout. Finally I cut the date with the Tim Holtz,- Alphanumerics Label Sizzix die set and some Blossom scraps.


Cute Baby Girl
- This features my daughter Emily at 10 days old in her incubator, in the special care baby unit.

I wanted the backing for this layout to be white and so purchased an additional sheet of Avalanche Bazzill. I based the colour scheme on the 'Rainbow' paper, and so chose to use Distress Oxide Inks in Worn Lipstick, Dried Marigold, Evergreen Bough, Weathered Wood and Pumice Stone.

For the background I placed some of each colour of ink onto a craft mat in turn - mixed with water, I splattered them over the page. While this was drying, I roughly painted the chipboard rainbow pieces - first by using diluted inks, then I splattered them with water to cause more oxidation. Finally I flicked more concentrated colour to add extra variation of the same colour over the individual pieces. For the outline piece I used Ranger's Frosted Crystal Embossing Powder to give it a light sparkle without changing the colour.

I mounted my photo onto white card and then onto Flamingo Bazzill, then I cut two pieces of Rainbow paper,  a little bigger than my photo, and used the design from both sides. I distressed and inked all the edges. Then I arranged the patterned papers, mounted photos and rainbow onto the Bazzill background. I embellished the base of the photo with some bobble trim.


I used some DMC embroidery thread to hang the flower charm from the cloud, fashioning a tiny bow at either end. 


I used more thread to add to the wooden buttons, which were arranged near the base of the photo. 

My title was made with two sets of Pinkfresh Studio Puffy Alpha Stickers - Office Hours and mini Just A Little Lovely.


I tore some strips of Rainbow paper the ink and place at the top and bottom of the page. Lastly, I scattered sequins, gems, Nuvo Crystal
and Glitter Drops over the white areas of the page. 

That's all for today. I will be back with two more layouts soon.

Thanks for looking
Lynn x

No comments: