Tuesday 23 March 2021

Summer Fun - P13 Paper Products - Beyond The Sea

Hello, Rebecca here with you today sharing another layout with P13's 'Beyond the Sea'. It looks as though everybody else loves this collection as much as me - it's pretty much flown off the shelf at Papermaze! Thankfully though, restocks are on their way!


I started this layout with a piece of White Bazzill cardstock, which I cut to about 10x10 inches. I heavily distressed the edges, tearing it in some areas to make it look worn and weathered. I then mounted it onto a frame using Paper #01. I distressed the edges enough to allow the twine detail on the pattern paper to show.


I added some mixed media to my background in two areas using Shimmerz Paints in two shades of blue (Anchors Away and Teal the End of Time). I ended up covering most of this mixed media with embellishments, but the splatters are still visible so it wasn't entirely in vein!


I'd chosen a photo of my little boy sitting on the steps of Apley Tower in the Isle of Wight for this layout - it's one of my favourite photos of him! I mounted the photo onto white cardstock, and again onto Paper #05 and placed it in the top left corner of my layout. I selected two of the Banner Die Cuts to sit underneath my photo, one showing above, and one below. I selected these specific banners based on their colours as they matched my son's swimsuit in the photo.

Around my photo, I placed several elements I had fussy cut from Paper #07. This paper is great for stretching this collection because it contains so many different images to create your own ephemera. I also used a couple of the large floral clusters from Paper #04. I finished my clustering off with a round element from Cardstock Tags #1


In order to balance my layout out, I created a smaller cluster to the bottom right corner of my layout. I've used a banner from Cardstock Tags 2 which says 'By the Sea' and another floral cluster from Paper #04. I then positioned a small shell among the cluster from the A side of Paper #01


I've used a raw chipboard piece by Dusty Attic for my title. It's called 'Summer Fun' and was perfect for this layout. I've painted it with one of my new Shimmerz Paints - Teal the End of Time to give it a gorgeous shimmer and to tie in with my mixed media. The dusty attic chipboards paint so well with Shimmerz paints, and I've found that I don't even need to apply gesso first.


I finished my layout with a couple of lines of Nuvo Drops and some acrylic perspextives. 


If you'd like to watch how this layout came together, there is a process video up on my YouTube channel, which you can find here.

I'll be back soon with another Beyond the Sea layout, and as I mentioned before - restocks are on their way!

Take care

Rebecca x

No comments: