Wednesday 6 January 2021

Pinkfresh Studio Oh What Fun - Wake Me Up When It's All Over

Hello, Karen C here today. Happy New Year! My layout today uses the Pinkfresh Studio Oh What Fun collection. This is the fourth layout I created with this collection (although I still have to show the third!) and I only had a few bits and pieces left so decided to create a clean, simple, grid layout which can often be created with minimal supplies.

I used a silly Snapchat photo on my layout that was taken on the eve of 2020 and created a reflective layout about the past year. Little did my daughter and I know when we took this photo what the coming year would bring.

I started with a 12x12 sheet of black cardstock and into this I matted a slightly smaller sheet of white cardstock. Using my sewing machine I machine stitched using black thread round the edge of the white cardstock.

In the centre of the layout I created a grid with my 6x4 photo, a couple of images from the Good Tiding cut apart sheet and a scrap of the Home for the Holidays paper. Each element was matted on black or red cardstock to make is pop from the background.


On one of the cut apart images I layered a frame from the Merry Everything paper , a black and white stripy tag from my stash, a postage stamp image from the Merriest Wishes paper and added a star punched from black cardstock and a black sequin. Some 3D foam was put underneath some of the embelishments to add some dimension.


My title, which uses lyrics from one of my favourite songs by Avicii, was created using a 'Wake me Up' cut file and some mini puffy alphabet stickers. The title block was embellished with another postage stamp image from the Merriest Wishes paper, a punched star and more black sequins.


The remaining cut apart image was embellished with a chipboard sticker from the collection, a punched star and sequin.


My journalling was printed onto a plain white tag, embellished with a punch star and was then tucked behind my photo.

I hope you feel inspired to try scrapbooking a grid style layout and the Oh What Fun collection is still available in the shop if you feel like treating yourself. I'll be back soon with one last layout using the collection and until then please stay safe.

Take Care,
Karen x x

No comments: