Friday 22 January 2021

Carta Bella - Hello Christmas - Cosy & Warm

Hi everyone,

Claire back here with you today sharing my third and final layout using the Carta Bella Hello Christmas collection.

For this layout, I'm scrapping a photograph taken on Christmas day.  I am ALWAYS cold - so much so that in my earlier years (when I was in my 20's), I earned myself a nickname of 'Granny' because I would sit at work with multiple layers on and even a coat over my knees if someone had the windows or doors open!

Things haven't changed much - so Santa brought me a fabulous furry sloth hooded blanket to keep me warm :)


I decided to focus on the beautiful papers this collection has to offer and so chose a starburst design for this layout. There are many varients of this type of design but most of them I've seen have been on 6x8 layouts. So... I decided to really challenge myself and make it in 12x12. Go big or go home, right?! 😉

I started with a rough template - it confirmed everything I already knew - I am definitely not someone who measures anything! I much prefer a trial and error approach! I cut a piece of scrap 12x12 white paper into segments, trimming each of them down to create my sections and then used them as a guide to cut my photograph and papers.


I chose to use the B side of the 3x4 Journaling Cards and Snowflakes paper, both of which are wintery patterns. I sewed around each segment in black thread and distressed the edges for texture.

In addition to the patterned paper, I also used some of the dark green Bazzill cardstock from the Matchmaker pack.  To this, I added some fussy cut flowers which I cut from the gorgeous Poinsettia paper. This worked really well and added a whole new layer of interest and dimension to the page.


My final segment was made from my photograph which I raised on foam pads for dimension. I left this very plain and just added a small banner from the Frames & Tags Ephemera pack to tie in the red from the flowers.

This left me with three white segments not yet used. To add interest, I decided to fill the top segment with sequins to give the layout a bit of extra sparkle (it was Christmas Day after all!) I adhered these with Glossy Accents.

The final two segments were positioned at the bottom of the page and left the perfect gap for my title. I used the Simple Stories Color Vibe Foam Alphas in red. These are soooo awesome - so bold and easy to use. I may or may not have started a collection to get all the colours!


To embellish the page, I cut a large snow globe from the Journaling Cards paper and raised it on foam pads so that it lay flat on my photo segment. 


Either side of this, I fussy cut some houses from the Christmas Village paper and added them flat across the centre of the page.

Finally, I added a tree and a bow from the Chipboard Accents pack to the middle embellishment cluster, a banner in the top corner and a few small chipboard phrases to the bottom left corner.



And that was the page complete!  

I love using multiple patterns on a layout and I hope you've enjoyed seeing these beautiful papers in the collection. You can check them all out here.

I'll be back next month and look forward to sharing some more scrappy projects with you then.

Take care,
Claire
xxx

No comments: