Thursday 21 January 2021

Papermaze January Kit - Part 1

Lynn here today - A big welcome to 2021 and a new Papermaze Kit for January. This month's kit is full of wintery papers and embelishments, however they could be used for other themes too.

In the kit you will find:

Patterned Papers
American Crafts - Vicki Boutin Stroyteller collection - Stardust
Kaisercraft - Whimsy Wishes collection - Snowfall
Stamperia - Winter Tales - Poinsettia
Bo Bunny - Family Heirlooms collection - Traditions
Echo Park - Winter Magic collection - 4 x 4 Journalling Cards
Studio Light - Jenine's Mindfull Art Collection -
Bazzill Cardstock - White and Bazzill Bling - Blind Date

Reverse side of papers:

Embellishments - Simple Stories Sn@p alpha stickers, 3 wooden butterflies, pinch of sequins, 12" jute twine, Tango tag, 3 paper roses, 3 Tim Holtz stamen, Crate paper silver heart, pearl swirl, 12" lace and 3 lines of puffy word stickers. 

Extra Bazzill Pack - Vanilla, Date Swirl, Ivy and Admiral


Winter Solstice - This photo may appear black and white but is infact in full colour. Lack of light during the winter day time in the north of Iceland, the black volcanic beaches and the snow covered black mountains, create a dramatic effect. 

For this layout I used the Date Swirl Bazzill as the base. I cut three banners from the B side of Echo Park's 4" x 4" Journalling Cards paper. These were cut to measure 3" x 10" each, inked with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and they were arranged across the Bazzill.

My photo was mounted onto some of the Admiral Bazzill and attached to the left side of the page. I added a bobble trim across the layout under the photo.

The title is a cut file (PearTree Cutfiles), I cut it twice - in white and Admiral Bazzill. I filled the white outlines with the solid blue letters. This was attached to the base of the photo, raised on 3D foam squares.The blue part of the letters had a layer of Glossy Accents to make it shine. The snowflakes had Nuvo Crystal Drops - Silver Moondust to add sparkle.

For the journalling I used my own handwriting, but emphasised a few words with letters cut from white and silver glitter foam, Admiral and White Bazzill. The Sizzix Thinlits I used are Tim Holtz Alphanumeric Label die set.

Finally I added some sequins from the kit and snowflake stickers from my stash. 

Frozen - This photo was taken in 2015 on a trip to Euro Disney. 



I wanted to use both sides of the Snowfall paper, so I made a frame using the foiled script side by gutting the sheet to make a 1" frame. I then flipped the gutted centre (grey with snowflakes) over and distressed the edges of both pieces. Once prepared I glued them to a spare sheet of 12" x 12" scrap paper. 

I used a Carta Bella stencil - Let It Snow and a mix of texture paste mixed and ultra fine white glitter to create snow on the background. This was set aside to dry.

I backed the large photo with some silver paper from my stash.

I cut a variety of snowflakes using the Cricut from White Bazzill and some scraps of vellum in white and aqua. Some of these were inked with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. The title was cut in four layers using Bazzill cardstock and the Cricut.

With some white ribbon and a selection of fibres tied across the layout, I set about applying the photo, title and the snowflakes to the page.

There is a subtle sparkle added by dusting the lettering and snowflakes with some Cosmic Shimmer Shimmer Shaker powders.

The layout was embellished with a variety of gems from my stash and some Nuvo Crystal Drops.

That's all for part one, back with more soon.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

No comments: