Friday 8 January 2021

Carta Bella - Hello Christmas - Deck The Halls

Hi everyone and a very happy New Year to you all!

I hope you have been able to enjoy the holidays and squeeze in a bit of scrappy time along the way.

Although it's January, I have decided to use this month to scrap some of my favourite memories made during December and will be using the Carta Bella Hello Christmas collection to do it.  You can find it in the shop here.

One of my favourite parts of the season is decorating the tree and this year, Mr Claire excelled himself, snapping lots of pics without my knowledge and I love how they turned out. 


I started my page with the B side of the Merry Christmas paper. It's a beautiful green plaid pattern which I though was quite atmospheric and perfect for Christmas tree pictures.

Next I cut a square frame from the Holly Berries paper and used the B side to cut a slightly smaller square that would sit inside the frame. To this, I added a black stitched border to echo the frame.

My photos have been mounted on Bazzill Cardstock from the Matchmaker Pack in shade Capers, and I've distressed the edges for a bit of extra texture.  Before sticking my photos down, I took a piece of the trucks and trees border sticker from the bottom of the sticker sheet and used this as an anchor for my photos to rest on.


Next, I decided that all good tree photos need some tree ephemera and clusters to bring the pictures to life. I fussy cut a large tree from the Journaling Cards paper and mounted it on Natural cardstock from the Matchmaker Pack to help it stand out. On top of this, I used this gorgeous tree from the Chipboard Accents pack. To both of these trees, I added some Glossy Accents, making the baubles shiny which I really love.


To make the floral cluster on the other side of the photos, I used these beautiful flowers - one from the Sticker Sheet and one from the Chipboard Accents.  To this, I added some gold leaves which are from the Hey Santa collection. I also added a chipboard candy cane and stocking sticker to mirror some of my tree decorations and added a few smaller stickers around the photos including that cute little chipboard bird above my photo. 


To finish the page off, I made my title using Dear Lizzy gold thickers and Pinkfresh Studio Mini Puffy Alpha Stickers and a few gold glitter Nuvo Drops.


And that's it for my first layout of 2021! 

I hope January has started well for you and wish you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous year ahead.

Take care,

Claire.

xxx

No comments: