Friday 15 January 2021

Carta Bella - Hello Christmas - Happy Christmas

Hi Everyone!

Claire back here with you today sharing an extra bonus layout using the beautiful Carta Bella Hello Christmas collection.

I've seen a few people doing product focused layouts and so I decided to give it a go. For this page, I am going to be focusing on the Chipboard Accents and the Elements Stickers.


I started with a sheet of cream Bazzill cardstock from the Matchmaker Pack. I chose this because it matches the cream 'background' colour of the chipboard pieces.

Next, I took the sheet of the Red Plaid Paper and cut out a large 25 design using a Peartree Cutfile. I cut it out directly on the Plaid paper and then cut it again in gold glitter card from my stash to give the numbers a sparkly outline.

To make sure I had enough definition for the chipboard pieces, I added a row of foam tape all around the sides of the red plaid paper and around all sides of the 25.  Once all the foam was in place, I lay this on top of the cream Bazzill cardstock.


Then came the really fun bit!  I filled the inside of the 25 with the Chipboard Accents, using the largest pieces first and working my way down in size to fill the smaller gaps.  Once all the chipboard had been used, I filled the smallest gaps with some small stickers from the Element Stickers.


Once the 25 was full, I turned my attention to the gold glittery outline. First, I backed the holly leaves with the B side of the Christmas Village paper and used some red glitter card from my stash for the berries. 


To make sure the outline stood out, I backed it with a thin strip of foam tape and carefully laid it over the top of the cutfile so that all lines were aligned.

I double matted my photos using the Poinsettia Florals and Journaling Cards papers and positioned this to the right hand side of the cutfile.

I decided that as the design is quite busy with all the chipboard, the photo needed very little embellishing. I created a small cluster at the bottom left corner of the photo, fussy cutting a small tag from the Holiday Tags paper and a small wreath from the b side.  As the wreath I cut said Happy, I decided to combine this with a sticker from the Element Stickers saying Christmas and use this as my title.

To finish the page off, I pulled out some gold ribbon from my stash, running it along the left side and bottom of the paper, tying a small knot where the pieces met.

I hope you've enjoyed this concept. The idea is very versatile and can be applied to a wide range of designs and layouts.  There are still some puffy stickers, chipboard phrases, frames and tags ephemera and of course those stunning papers in the shop - but I'm sure they won't hang around for long!

I'll be back with one final layout using this collection later this month.

Until then, stay safe and happy scrapping!

Claire xxx

No comments: