Friday 1 January 2021

Papermaze December Kit - Part 2

Happy New Year! Lynn here today with the second part of the Christmasy December Kit. Although the papers are all from winter or Christmas collections, at least one side of most of them can be used to create non-Christmas layouts, and this time I have made a wintery layout as well as another Christmas one.

A reminder of what you will find in the kit. For full details, please see Papermaze December Kit - Part 1.

 

Baby It's Cold Outside - A photo of my brother holding our baby great nephew, a few days after he was born during a snow storm.


For this layout I decided to create my own wintery background. I used Sizzix Thinlit Flurry dies and the White Bazzill. To colour the snowflakes I used Distress Oxide Ink Pads in Tumbled Glass, Iced Spruce, Pumice Stone and Speckled Egg. I placed a little of each colour onto the craft mat, spritzed them with water and dragged the showflakes through the ink. I allowed this to dry and repeated the technique until I was happy with the cover. I also left small areas free of colour. Once fully dry I attached the snowflakes randomly over the Jetstream Bazzill.

I cut a 30.5cm strip of 'Let It Snow' paper 8cm deep and another 9cm deep. These were distressed and inked, then layered across the layout, the first flower side up, the second Brrrrrr ! side up.

My photo was mounted onto a piece of 'December Details', then I cut a slightly larger piece from the same paper to layer under the mounted photo. The papers were distressed and inked. I wrapped some aqua Baker's Twine around the photo, mount and layer with a snowflake charm from my stash. I printed my journalling onto white card and mounted this onto more of the same paper.

I found the 'Baby It's Cold Outside' tilte on my Cricut and cut this twice - onto silver and white glittery card. This was placed to the left of the layout. I finished off with some aqua Dew Drops.

Dear Santa - This photo of my husband as a little boy on a trip to the local Co-op to see Santa back in the 1950's.

This layout was made using the Walnut Bazzill and 'Gift Tags' papers already prepared when making layouts on my previous post.

I cut a piece of 
'Poinsettia Floral' paper 30cm x 30cm and mounted it over the Walnut Bazzill frame I cut before (30.5cm x 30.5cm and 2cm deep). Then I mounted the 25cm x 25cm piece of 'Gift Tags' paper onto the second Walnut Bazzill frame (26cm x 26cm and 2cm deep). Then the smaller of these was placed at an angle over the larger one.


The photo was also mounted onto Walnut Bazzill and arranged to the top left of the layout. I made three clusters of embellishments using some items from the kit (Crate Paper pine branches and Prima Holly) and others from my stash (charm, twig stars, word and journalling stickers and poinsettia. I also cut some parcles from the 'Season of Wonder' paper. 

I added some details to the label sticker. 


My title was cut on the Cricut using scraps of Ruby Slipper Bazzill and 'Gift Tags' paper.


That's all from the December kit. I will be back later in the month with the January kit.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

No comments: