Sunday 21 February 2021

Hello Today by Adam

Hello! Adam back again with another layout using Hello Today from Simple Stories. 

This time, I have decided to use another cutfile and another one from Paige Evans - this time, the cascading numbers cutfile. It might seem a little odd to use on this layout but it kind of represented a list of things, a top ten and that kind of thing and, the photos are from our short trip to Wales in between lockdowns in 2020 so it worked for me as we did so much and the list was so long! 

I started by cutting the cutfile with one of the patterned papers from the collection and then again with white precision cardstock. I used two sheets from the Bazzill matchmaker pack - red and yellow and then adhered the cutfile, in white, to the left and popped the numbers, in patterned paper, up on foam pads


I matted four 3x4"photos on some scraps of the papers from the collection and placed these on the right side of the page - I never get too accurate with rulers and such, it's all guess work and I just roll with it! I had a lot of small scraps and didn't want to waste them so I took random scraps and layered these behind the photos to the bottom/top and sides. 


Then it was my favourite part! Embellishing time! I have used bits from each of the embellishment packs in the collection. You'll notice with my layouts that I don't always have a title as such - I tend to have multiple words which could be seen as a title. Because I scrap so many photos from one trip or occasion, I don't find it necessary to have titles on all pages. 

I've used mostly stickers on this layout from the element stickers, sticker book, foam stickersadhesive brads, chipboard and puffy stickers. I also used some of the small alpha tile stickers from the sticker book for 'Wales' and '2020'. Of course, the enamel dots worked their way onto the page too! I opted for a trio of trios - again! I like to sometimes put my stickers, titles or words on the photos too, I think it can sometimes bring the photo into the page... plus it helps with my more is more style!! 

I'll be back with a final couple of projects - another layout and something a bit different to really stash bust this awesome collection! In the meantime, check out some more photos below, have a good browse of the shop - especially check out the new arrivals section because there is so much new goodies arriving over the next few weeks!

Take care, stay safe and happy scrapping!

Adam x


















No comments: