Monday 15 February 2021

February Papermaze Kit

Hello!  Lynn here today with the new Papermaze kit for February. Another kit full of inspiration with it's patterned papers, Bazzill cardstock and a selection of embellishments. A wide mix of colours in this months selection. There is, as always, a pack of four colour matched sheets of Bazzill available.


Before looking at how the layouts were made, this is what you will find in Februarys kit:


Patterned papers:
American Crafts - Vicki Boutin - Storyteller collection - Bohemian, Fresh Cut & Narrative
Simple Stories - Apron Strings collection - Live Love Eat & What's For Dinner
Echo Park Coffee and Friends collection - Letterboard
Bazzill - Vanilla & Blackberry Swirl

Reverse side of papers:


Embelliehments:

Exclusive 'Beautiful' cut file, 12" lace, 2 chipboard buttons, 4 pearl brads, prima flower, Webster's Pages tiny alpha sticker sheet, strip of gems, 8 dew drops.

Extra Bazzill pack - Sunflower, Lava, Capers & Blue Oasis


Twirling Carousel - For this page I used photos of my sister and me on the fairground carousel horses, back in the 1960's.


I started with the 'Live, Love, Eat' paper and made a border 4cm deep. Over this I mounted a piece of Sunflower Bazzill cut to 25 x 25cm and inked with Candied Apple Distress Ink (all other papers were edged with the same ink). I splattered some black ink over this card.

I cut two panels with 'What's for Dinner' paper, one 21 x 12cm floral side up and the other 7 x 22.5 cm dotty side up. Both were mounted onto Lava Bazzill, making very fine red borders. These were placed on the page one over the other as seen in the photo.

From the Blue Oasis Bazzill I cut a trim with a Martha Stewart Daisy Border Punch. this was attached under the dotty panel.


Also from the Blue Oasis Bazzill I punched a scalloped circle for the journalling spot, and the word 'Carousel' created and cut on the Cricut. I stamped the lines for my journalling and cut them to fit within the scalloped circle. 

Once all was cut, inked and placed into position, I added the word 'twirling' to the title with Doodlebug Designs alphabet stickers. I decorated the trim with some multifacited self-adhesive dots from my stash.

I scattered some flower shaped sequins over the page and added a dot of Nuvo Crystal Drops to the centre of each one. I used more Nuvo drops around my journalling circle.



Crafty Girl - My niece, Jess saved her Christmas and birthday money to buy this sewing machine last month.

Using the Capers Bazzill as a base, I cut a piece from under where the patterned paper will go later, this is to use for the title and photo mount.

I painted the two chipboard buttons from the kit with acrylic paint to match the Bazzill, I then coated them with Glossy Accents and tied some cream ribbon through the holes and finished them off with a small bow.


I cut the 'Fresh Cut' paper to represent a garment being buttoned together. I then machine stitched and distressed all around these pieces. I mixed some gold paint into texture paste and worked it through the Vicki Boutin Wild Soul stencil to add some texture to the background paper.


To build the page, I used some wide lace from my stash, tucked under where the two patterened paper pieces join. Then I added the buttons and some tape measure ribbon were all added to the page. I attached a couple of decorative pins through the lower button.


I cut a title using the Cricut from the Capers Bazzill to add to the top of the layout. 

I finished off with some typed journalling wrapped with thin twine and a charm.

This completes part one of the February kit, back with part two soon.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

No comments: