Sunday 14 February 2021

Hello Today Stash Busting by Adam

Happy Sunday! Adam back with another layout using Hello Today from Simple Stories.

This isn't my last share of the month, theres a few more to come but this was the last layout I actually did with the collection and I went for a full on stash busting to use up stickers and ephemera! I didn't take much notice of what the bits were and just went a bit crazy!

So I used a scrappy tip from a Shimelle Facebook Live video to cut a shape from cardstock and fill it with stickers! I love this idea and will definitely be giving it another ago. You could do this in so many different ways, shapes and collections!

I started with precision cardstock and cut a large circle then used a sheet of yellow cardstock from my stash to back the circle. I took a 4x4" photo and backed with some red Bazzill. There are a few word/phrase stickers around my photo from my stash. I doodled around the photo - not sure I am completely happy with that but you can't like everything! 


Then I went sticker crazy! These are all from the element sticker sheet, foam stickers, adhesive brads, chipboard stickersenamel dots, sticker book and puffy stickers. I've also used two fabric/puffy hearts from Cocoa Vanilla Studio's Daydream collection. 




This was definitely a layout to stash bust the rest of the stickers and so I wasn't paying too much attention to what the stickers were and instead just going for it! 

Its a great way to use up ephemera, stickers and embellishments. You can quite easily adapt it to different shapes - square, triangle, hexagon and so on. You could also back the circle with a photo and then go sticker crazy round the outside! So many options. I'll definitely be giving it another go!

That's it from me for today. Thank you so much for reading - I really appreciate it! Go check out all the other posts from the design team - there are some incredible layouts from everyone else right now!

You can find all the new scrappy goodies in the shop! Take care, stay safe and happy scrapping!

Adam x






No comments: