Saturday 27 February 2021

Simple Stories - Hello Today - Project Life Style by Adam

Hello Today from Simple Stories - Project Life Style!

Adam here again, thanks for joining me here on the Papermaze blog! Today I am sharing something a little bit different and my last February project! 

So once I had finished my layouts, I still had a full set of papers and lots of embellishments left. I will admit, I bought an extra set of papers cause I liked both sides! Alright... I do that with pretty much all papers I ever get!! So I had used all the papers in some way on my layouts and I wanted to use the A sides of the papers now - that is, the cut apart side. You can see photos from each month at the end of this blog post - a bit different to usual posts 😀

Hello Today is Simple Stories 'year' review style collection this year - you may recall they had 'Best Year Ever' last year (which was also fab - and lots still available in the shop!). So I decided I wanted to do a Project Life style page with each sheet - one for each month of the year. I did something I have never done before too... I created with no photographs (though I did end up putting a couple in with chipboard frames). 

It's quite basic but I love the result. I plan on choosing between three and five 3x4" photos each month and then filling them in periodically. I don't scrap project life style regularly so these will just slot in with regular layouts - and that's good with me. I like the mix.

I've used a big variety of the collection as I was using up the embellishments I had left. I've also thrown in some stickers from Cocoa Vanilla Studio stickers here and there. Because I don't have photos for every month yet (I'm using these for 2021), I printed a ton of 'Photo Here' stickers to show where my photos will eventually go. 

I have used element stickers, stickers from the sticker book, bits and pieces, journal bits and pieces, brads, foam stickers, puffy stickers, chipboard frames and chipboard stickers. So the whole collection! 

Something else I also did was decide on a couple of things and then carried it through the entirety of the twelve pages - so they call have the monthly 4x6" card at the top left, they all have a circular month sticker, they all have a 3x4" calendar card, they all have a numbered journaling card and they all have a number sticker from the sticker book. Beyond this, I didn't carry any placement through. I used two different varieties of Project Life protectors and all embellishments are stuck to the outside of the protector

Thats it from me for February but I'll be back soon with another fab collection for Papermaze! I am so pleased to have started and finished with one full collection in one month - quite the achievement for me!! 

Take care and stay safe and I'll be back soon! In the meantime, check out the shop, bookmark the new arrival section and have a look through all the photos below to see how the finished pages look!

Adam x





























No comments: