Monday 1 February 2021

Hello Today from Simple Stories by Adam

Happy Monday!

I am excited to be here sharing my first layout for Papermaze and the first of the DT shares for February! I am so, so happy to be here amongst some of the best scrappers around! 

This month I am working with the new 'Hello Today' from Simple Stories. I love how versatile this collection is - it's ideal for Project Life style documenting with each 12x12 sheet having a monthly title, calendar, journaling card and other pieces yet the B sides are full of colour for more traditional scrapping which is what I'd like to share with you today. 

Hello Today has lots of 'office' accents so I started my layouts off by documenting my new scrappy space which we created late last year by moving rooms around and renovating a larger room to combine a home office with a 'happy scrappy' space too! 



I started off with a cut file from Paige Evans and backed this with some scraps of paper from the collection and some bits from the 6x8 Paper Pad


I then started with a sheet of Bazzill Cardstock from the fab Matchmaker pack that Papermaze offer (these are great because all the cardstock coordinates so well with the collection you choose and you'll generally find a plain cardstock matchmaker pack for most collections - take a look at what's available here). I trimmed 1cm from two sides of the Bazzill.

I gutted a sheet of the B Side of 'January' which I generally always do so I can make use of the rest of the paper that is hidden! I then popped the Bazzill in the centre to give me a half cm border around the whole page. In the top right corner I tore a slit in the plain cardstock and pulled it back to each side and stapled each 'flap' down to add some interest and texture. Using a scrap from 'December' to provide a pop of colour behind the ripped area. 




I popped the cutfile to the bottom left of the page and used one small photo to back the 'screen' and then used some scraps from 'June' and 'September' to matt my other two photos which I printed at 3x4". 



Those that have seen the layouts I've shared on social media over the last few months will know I'm most definitely a 'more is more' kinda scrappy guy! So I went through all the embellishments in the collection and popped some on the page! I love the variety of embellishments with Hello Today! I used a couple of chipboard stickers, some adhesive brads, some stickers from the 12x12 element sticker sheet and some from the sticker book and the puffy stickers



I'm loving the new foam stickers that Simple Stories are doing these days - they're so sticky and much better than chipboard! I used 'documented' and 'everyday' from these foam stickers

I went for something a bit different when it came to my title and opted for a main title at the top - 'Happy & Scrappy' using alpha stickers from the ColorVibe Alpha Book and then two subtitles - 'Happy Everyday Moments' and Today Documented for Tomorrow' using a mix of alpha stickers and phrase stickers. 

Finally, I used a few things from the bits and pieces and journal bits and pieces packs and added  some enamel dots. I popped a bit of journaling to the right of my photo and called it done!

I've got a few more projects to share with you all using Hello Today so I'll be back later in the month and can't wait! Till then, enjoy plenty of stunning inspiration from the other design team members, stay safe and take care 😀  

Adam x





2 comments:

Claire Louise said...

Really enjoyed reading this. Great post!

Rebecca Moore said...

Fab first blog Adam!