Monday 29 August 2022

Just Beautiful....... Mintay Papers....Joy of Life pt 2

Hello again

It's Anita here with you today and I have my 2nd layout using Mintay's Joy of Life Collection.

I wanted to scrap this photo of my eldest daughter that I absolutely adore. It was captured on the day that should have been her wedding day, but due to covid and lockdown etc it was all postponed. We couldn't let the original date pass without doing something special for them and so we had a 'Nearly Weds Day', complete with flowers, cake, decor and getting dressed up nicely.
 



The page is based on a sheet of white cardstock that I trimmed 1cm from the top and also the same down one side. it was then laid onto a gutted out sheet of 04 to create a slim patterned frame around the outside edge. The large square that I gutted from the centre was full of the hot air balloon design so I cut out as many as I could from this.
These were then folded gently in half from top to bottom and layered on top of each other starting with the largest at the bottom and I made 2 stacks.
 I bent up the sides to create some dimension to each stack and then popped them to one side to use later.

Once again I used the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Spray in Spun Sugar, I misted some patches but also spattered some drops too. I was fascinated watching the drops dry because the ink and the paint in them separated and when they had completely dried they ended up looking like small blossoms across the page ( well in my eyes they did lol)

Lots of fussy cutting came next from the sheet of 09 with a mix of flowers, birds, a cottage and a record player!
I used some of the scrappy bits to cut out some small triangles and added some twine to create a little string of bunting that I hung between the balloon stacks

The other birds and flowers were raised up on foam pads to add some more dimension to the page and the whole thing was then finished with the addition of Icicle Stickles and some AB flat backed crystals to bring a bit more sparkle.

Not sure how this last photo ended up down here..... but this is to show how the Distress Oxide Spray dried and separated...and how it looks like little blossoms ( to me anyway ;) )


I have really enjoyed creating with these Mintay papers and am really looking forward to seeing their new releases...I wonder what they will be.


Happy Crafting!

Warmest wishes

Anita xx

No comments: