Monday 15 August 2022

August Papermaze Kit - Part 1

Lynn here today with the first of my two layouts made using the August Papermaze Kit. Lots of bright summery colours - papers, cardstock and embellishments.

Before looking at the layouts, here is what you will find in the kit this month:


Patterned Papers:
American Crafts - Vicki Boutin - Sweet Rush collection - Confetti and On The Agenda
Simple Stories - Celebrate! collection - Way To Go!
Simple Stories - Let's Get Crafty collection - Journal Elements
Echo Park - Endless Summer collection - Colours of the Sun
American Crafts - Maggie Holmes - Round Trip - On the Road
Bazzill Basics - CS White and Pineapple Bliss

Reverse side of papers



Embelliehments:
5 Simple Stories Number Bits & Pieces, 8 Vicki Boutin Embossed Puffy Stickers, Rainbow Hearts Washi Tape, Paige Evans Heart Paper Clip, Cocoa Vanilla Studio Wood Epoxy Button, pinch of Pinkfresh Studio Jewel Essentials, 3 Vicki Boutin layered sticker hearts, 5 PFS die cut titles & an exclusive acrylic title


Bazzill Basics Cardstock

Whirlpool, Arctic, Quartz and Apricot

Afghan - the colours in this kit, and the Simple Stories paper in particular, were perfect to record the details of the making of this pretty colourful crochet blanket.


I started by gutting the Quartz Bazzill to make a frame of 2.5cm deep. Over this I mounted the Whirlpool Bazzill trimmed down to 28.5 x 28.5cm. 


From the Let's Get Crafty collection - Journal Elements paper was I cut out all the elements, this gave me several pieces suitable for recording details of the project, the pattern and how I adapted it.


I took scraps of yarn left over from crocheting the Afghan and wrapped them around to thread card cut from the paper. 


Together with the photo, I arranged the journalling cards, hexagons shade cards, images and thread card onto the Bazzill and stuck them in place. 


I made my title with pink metallic American Craft Thickers 'Be Kind'. For embellishment I used all three of the layered sticker hearts and the heart paper clip from the kit.




Happy Birthday - This layout shows a photo I found in my collection of my birthday back in 2009.


With a sheet of Smooth White Bazzill as a base, I stencilled (Birthday Star Stencil) stars, across the page using Distress Oxide Inks randomly, in colours to match the papers (Prize Ribbon, Worn Lipstick and Fossilised Amber).  


I used both sides of Celebrate paper - I cut a strip 8.5cm, and another 2cm deep, making sure the stripes ran the length of the strips. I distressed one long edge of each piece. I placed these down the left side of the layout. The larger strip was confetti side up and the thinner strip, stripe side up. Then I cut an additional stripe from the paper and glued this in the white space.


I mounted my photo onto a mat cut from the Quartz Bazzill. Then placed the photo to the right of the patterned paper.


Using the Tim Holtz Rosette Thinlits die set, and more of the Celebrate paper, I cut and assembled three rosettes. I placed a foam stickers in the centre of each rosette. I arranged these onto the layout.


From the kit I selected the Number Bits and Pieces and word ephemera I wanted, and together with Pinkfresh Studio - Some Day - Mini Puffy Alpha Stickers I created my title. I used a date stamp to add further details. I added the wood Epoxy Button from the kit.

I added another 'Happy Birthday' using the Tim Holtz BigzXL alphabet die, and more of the Celebrate paper. Finally I make a few of the stars sparkle with Nuvo Glitter Drops.


That's all for part 1 of the August Papermaze Kit - Back with more soon
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

No comments: