Monday 8 August 2022

Beach Day - Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Vintage Seas Collection

Hi everyone, Rebecca with you today and I'm sharing another layout with Simple Vintage Vintage Seas collection. I love this collection and enjoyed working with it so much last month that I decided to continue creating with it this month! You can view the full collection in the shop here.



I started this layout by cutting a starfish shape from the B side of the 3x4 Elements patterned paper. I then cut the same shape, slightly larger from a sheet of red Bazzill cardstock and stuck the two together. This gave me a nice red border around the edge of my starfish.


Before adhering the starfish to my background, I used a Distress Ink Pad in the shade 'Blueprint Sketch' and a blending brush to add some colour to where it was going to sit. I added just enough colour so that it peeked out under the starfish like a glow. I also added some splatters in the same colour and then placed my starfish on top, with some craft foam to add dimension to the page.



I selected a frame from the Chipboard Frames pack, and cut it in half as I only wanted to scrap one photo on this layout. I had to do a little surgery and re-attach the right hand edge of the frame to make it work, but you can hardly tell it's been altered. I then used this to house my photo - my little boy on the beach rock-pooling.



I've used one of the Foam Stickers for my title, and placed it at the bottom of the frame. I also added an acrylic perspextive from Bramble Fox's 'Sea Life' collection as I thought it went really well with my layout. 



I then set about building some clusters using the Bits and Pieces and Nautical Bits packs. I added a cluster to the right of my photo, and another to the top 'arm' of my starfish to help balance the page out.



I finished the layout off by trimming about 1/4 inch from each edge of my white cardstock and then adding a red frame using the Anchors Aweigh patterned paper. I love how the red border ties the whole layout together. Strangely, red is my least favourite colour - but I love the reds in this collection! A few white splatters and the layout was complete.


I hope you've enjoyed this layout. If you'd like to watch the layout come together, there is a process video up on my YouTube channel here.


I'll be back later in the month with another Vintage Seas layout.

Take care,

Rebecca x

@preciouspagespapercraft



No comments: