Tuesday 16 August 2022

Remembering To Slow Down

 


Hi. Lisa here today.

Today's page has a double meaning.

I was needing to take some time out for me during this creative session.

I needed to slow down and cheer myself up and I ended up documenting about how much we love our time when we 'slow down'.





I was sent some Rosie's Studio to play with. The 'Celebrate You' collection.

I have the 6x6 paper pad, the chipboard frames and the die cuts.

I love the pretty patterns and colours. It is birthday themed but it still worked well on my 'non birthday page.


I created a full flip open style page with hidden journaling.

I do have a YouTube video if you'd like to watch this page come together and I also talk about how I create in my journal to boost my moods and what helps to cheer myself up.



I was sent some cute Disney stationery in the post to play with, so I thought it would be fun to add these. I wanted to embellish them to fit with my journal style.

I used one of the chipboard frames here and popped a quote underneath and added a couple of die cuts.

I taped the left side of the envelope to the page so that it could flip out.

  


And covered that side of the envelope in the 'Rosie's Studio' papers. The original dark envelopes didn't really go with the bright page, so this transformed it perfectly.



   

  I even transformed the writing paper that came with the stationery set, adding some of the patterned papers so that it all coordinated.

It looks so pretty now and all my journaling now lives in the envelope.



I did the same on the page opposite. 

I used the writing paper decorated with the 'Rosie's Studio' papers, adding some die cuts and a cute chipboard frame.



I also worked on this page here.

The photo kind of blended in to the background so I added some of the papers underneath to help it stand out.

  


I'm so pleased with how this pretty page turned out and I had so much fun creating it.



Sometimes you just need to slow down and have a scrappy fix. 

I hope you like my page and enjoy the video here.


Lots of love

Lisa x 


No comments: