Wednesday 10 August 2022

Photoplay - Bow Wow - Lucky Dog!

Hi everyone,

Claire here with you today, and this month I have the pleasure of creating layouts with the Photoplay Bow Wow collection. 

We have recently opened our hearts and our home to a new furbaby. This collection was perfect to document her first few months here.


I started with a piece of plain white Bazzill cardstock from the Matchmaker Pack and wanted to make a real feature of the colours and patterns in the papers - they convey all the fun a mischief a new addition to the family brings.

I created 3 paper rosettes, using the b sides of the I Love My Dog,  Chow Time, and Dog Treat papers, layering them to create a cascading, vertical design.

Once I had my positioning in place, I lightly drew around where the rosettes would sit, and brushed Distress Oxides around each in a circular motion.  The coordinating colours I used were Blueprint Sketch, Twisted Citron and Candied Apple. Once that was done, I wet the ink and added splatters.


I double matted my photo using the red textured Bazzill from the Matchmaker Pack and a piece of the dotty Dog-o-mania paper, layering it on top of a frame from the Ephemera pack. I also pulled out this super cute dog tag to sit alongside the journaling.


I fussy cut one of the cut apart cards from the Lucky Dog paper to add my journaling, and also fussy cut the large 'lucky dog' bone to use as my title - it gave a real sense of playfulness that matched my photo.


Using the b side of the Speak! paper as a template, I traced one of the bones and used it to cut out some bones in the red Bazzill cardstock, which I scattered around the page as embellishments.


As a final touch, I added some Nuvo clusters around the rosettes and that was my page complete.

I'm having a blast with this collection and it's been selling out quite quickly, so don't miss out - you can grab it all here.

See you soon.

Claire xx

@Scrappysoulmate

No comments: