Friday 19 August 2022

Mintay Papers Lavender Farm - Beatie & Polly

Hello, Karen here again with another layout using the gorgeous Lavender Farm collection from Mintay Papers. Today I've a heritage layout to share. The collections from Mintay generally have a vintage, distressed feel to them and so are perfect for heritage layouts..... but can also be used for so many other themes.

I started by trimming roughly half an inch from two sides of paper #4 and then machine stitched this, with white thread, to a sheet of paper #3 leaving a narrow border round the edge. 

I then attached my sepia photo to the lower left quarter of the layout with some 3D foam underneath to add some dimension.

I embellished the layout with die cuts from the die cut pack and some purple paper flowers from my stash. 


I tucked some white cotton lace underneath the photo too. The lace adds some texture and also adds to the vintage feel of the layout.


Finally I die cut some title lettering from a scrap of purple cardstock and placed this at the top of the layout following the arc of the window printed on the paper.


Thank you for popping in today. Lavender Farm is just one of eight beautiful collections from Mintay Papers available in the shop so hop on over to the shop and take a look.

Be back soon, Karen x x 

No comments: