Wednesday 26 April 2023

A boys night with Rosie's Studio

Hello again, Julie here with another Rosie's Studio project.  This month I took the gorgeous ephemera pack from the Roll With It collection and decided to use it in a slightly different way.  This ephemera pack is filled with 160 colourful, fun, summertime pieces that will be brilliant to compliment any layout or to create vibrant embellishments.  There are colourful characters, hearts, bikes and beautiful flowers.  However, I wanted to take this wonderful collection and use it in an alternative way for a picture of the men in my family.  I sometimes find I overlook bright collections but I am convinced you can make any collection work for you!



I took a sheet of buttercream Bazzill card stock and some turquoise paint that I had lurking in the back of my stash and used a gift card to spread it on the paper for a background.  I find this process very liberating and a great way to create that splash of colour as a base.  I then used a charcoal spray (this is a similar one) to add some texture to the background.





I ripped a sheet of paper I had in my stash and placed it as a strip to act as a base for my photo and then got to work choosing the embellishments.  I used the colours in the photo as a base and found some gorgeous flowers and contrasting colour hearts that I layered to create simple, yet fun clusters to accent the photo.  I also used several sayings from my favourite Simply Charming puffy stickers sentiments and some puffy hearts from the One Of a Kind collection.




I then felt like the background needed a little something extra so I sewed circles in matching colours to the ephemera.  The circles are central to the background but I set my photo more to the right hand side.  I am new to the world of incorporating sewing into my paper crafting but I love the effect it has.  I finally used some old alpha stickers I had in my collection to create a title.



I hope you like this layout as much as I enjoyed making it.  Join me next month for an embellishment book using Woodland Grove.

No comments: