Monday 17 April 2023

April Papermaze Kit - Part 1

Lynn here today with the new April Papermaze kit and two new layouts, using the pretty pastel papers, card and embellishments.

Here is what you will find in the kit, for more details please see the kit in the shop.

 

Patterned papers:
Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Life in Bloom collection - Celebrate Life & Shine Bright
49 & Market - Art Options Rouge collection - Coloured Foundations #1
Pinkfresh Studio - Spring Vibes collection - Daydreams
Photo Play - Bunnies and Blooms collection - Blooms
American Crafts - Paige Evans - Blooming wild collection - #20
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Rain & Bazzill White


Embellishments:
6 buttons, 5 wooden hearts, 1 sheet Pinkfresh Studio mini puffy alpha stickers, 3 49 & Market chipboard pieces, Carta Bella chipboard frame, 2 Pinkfresh layered stickers, strip of pearls,  3 Rosie's Studio tickets, 4 Pinkfresh ephemera pieces.


Extra Bazzill Basics pack:
Yukon Gold, Silver Sage, Pink Icing & Lilac Swirl

 

Springtime at the Old Post Office - This first layout will be framed to hang in the reception of The Old Post Office Hotel and Spa, in Harleston. I took these photos of their Easter decorations last year.


I took the beautiful 'Celebrate Life' paper and with a craft knife we gutted the centre of the wreath.

I cut the word 'Springtime' using the Cricut and the Silver Sage Bazzill. I used the cut-out area as a stencil to ink through onto the
'Coloured Foundations #1' paper, with Faded Jeans Distress Oxide Ink, (I used the wreath over the foundation paper to work out the desired position for the title). I flicked Distress Mica Spray (Winter Frost) over the paper.



Then I stuck the cut-out letters, offset, over the inked letters to create a shadow.
With some funky foam I mounted the wreath over the pink sheet of 'Coloured Foundations #1' paper.


I used the Pinkfresh Studio mini puffy alpha stickers from the kit to add the rest of the title.


The photos were added into place over the title and inside the wreath.


Next, I cut a selection of butterflies from the 'Shine Bright' paper and arranged these around the wreath and the photos. I glued the centre of the butterflies down onto the page and I placed 3D foam pads under the wings to add dimension.


Finally, I scattered dots of Nuvo Crystal Drops in matching pastel shades around the leaves of the wreath.


Easter Egg Hunt - When the triplets visited during the Easter break last year, I organised an egg hunt for them, the clues were all wat3words locations. After teaching them to use the app and lending them mobile phones, they set off all over the garden to find their eggs.


For this layout I gutted the 'Day Dreams' paper to make a 4cm frame. Over this I placed the White Bazzill, trimmed down to 25.5cm x 25.5cm.

I cut a strip of 'Blooms' paper 10cm deep and placed this, yellow side up, across the page. I then mounted my five small photos on a strip of Silver Sage Bazzill, 8cm deep and 26cm wide. This was mounted over the Day Dreams strip.

I cut two more strips of 'Blooms' paper, bunny side up, one 24.5cm x 2.75cm for the top of the white cardstock. The other 24.5cm x 5cm for the base of the cardstock.


I cut a lace trim, with more of the Silver Sage cardstock and the Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlits set - Crochet. I placed this along the bottom of the page. 


I cut the Peartree Cutfile 'Egg Hunt' from white card, and coloured it by blending Distress Ink colours across it. I backed the eggs with Bazzill cardstock scraps and the letters with scraps of 'Celebrate Life' paper left over from the previous layout. I mounted this across the middle of the page.


To complete the title I spelt 'Easter' with Thickers cardstock letters - Maggie, to place at the top of the layout.


With Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlits Alphanumeric - Label, I cut more letters and the date from Silver Sage Bazzill. I placed this lettering either side of the word 'Egg'.


That's all for today, I will be back with more soon.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

No comments: