Friday 14 April 2023

Altered Embroidery Hoop with Rosies Studio

Hello there, Julie here again with more ideas on how to use Rosie's Studio ephemera.  

This month, I decided to go outside the box, I took a plain embroidery hoop and painted it a pastel pink.  I then traced the hoop onto a sheet of Gingham Garden by Crate Paper paper and used hot glue to stick the paper onto the back of the hoop.  These were such simple steps and yet they transformed the hoop!  



I added some ribbon trim to the edge using hot glue and made a start decorating.  Firstly, I made some ruffle trim with two pieces of crepe paper roll and some tulle.  I put hot glue on the hoop and created a ruffle effect by accordian folding the tulle and crepe paper as a background. I wanted to create a bit of texture and height to my project and the tulle did this perfectly.

I then picked pieces from the beautiful Simply Charming collection from Rosies Studio and layered them to create a semi circle wreath at the bottom of the hoop.  There are gorgeous pink flowers in various shades with gold centres and gorgeous teal blue leaves as an accent. I also used the puffy word stickers from Simply Charming to add a phrase.  These puffy stickers are filled with wonderful hand written and typed sentiments that are perfect as small accents on all your pieces.




Finally I added a photo and some floral pieces of the Simply Charming ephemera to add texture to the background.  I also used some gold leaves I had in my stash to add a bit of sparkle and a gold circle round the photo to bring your eye to the photo.  





The ephemera pieces are such good value for money, one packet has lasted me numerous projects and I have more to show you!  I will be back later this month with a simple scrapbook layout that I have elevated using more fun ephemera pieces that perhaps you wouldn't have considered for your layouts. xx






No comments: