Friday 28 April 2023

Easy DIY No Sew Journal

 Hello,


I have a new journal to share with you today.

We've decided after 25yrs to move home!!
It's such a big deal isn't it?!

Anyway, we are relocating to a whole new area, so I want to document the whole home search in a new journal. Keep all these new memories together in one place.


I was going to make another 'Little Golden Book' journal, but I fancied trying something new.

So I have a 'No Sew' DIY journal using an old book.

I'm so happy with how this turned out.

If you'd like to see this journal being made, you can watch the video here.


I love the colours and they were all inspired by this collection here.




Look how cute! It's got a lovely warm and vintage feel. Perfect for our search for a new home.
It's from Echo Part and is called 'Dream Big Little Girl'

I started with a book from my husband's book shelf that he was happy to declutter.
It has a lovely linen feel cover, which I covered up the wording with a piece of fabric and a little journal card that I've had for years.



I removed about half the pages inside and used the papers from the Echo park collection to add some added colour.


Here is one page that I added. It's larger than the book pages so I could fold it over which works perfect with the double sided papers.


 
Here is another page I added. This time I cut the paper longer, used a punch along the bottom and folded it up, using double sided sticky both sides to create a little pocket.


This page is quite similar but torn, no punched edge and I didn't create a pocket. This page can be pulled down.


This one is a half sized pocket made from vellum and I've used a sticker and a scrap piece of paper.


This page was cut to 3/4 size of the width.



I loved this paper here.


I cut a couple of pieces out to create small flips.



And I used a large punch to create lots of tabs along the side and the top.



I'm so happy with this new journal and can't wait to document our new home adventures.



Don't forget to check out the process video here.

Thanks so much.

Lisa x

No comments: