Saturday 22 April 2023

Love - 49 and Market - Art Options Rouge Collection

Hi, Rebecca with you, and today I’m sharing my first layout created with the ‘Art Options Rouge’ collection from 49 and Market. This is such a stunning collection filled with reds, pinks and greens and perfect for documenting so many memories. You can shop the collection here


I was inspired by the different shades of red and pink in this collection and decided to have a play with my Alcohol Inks and create a mixed media background. For alcohol inks to work properly and react with the blending solution, a special paper is required. It’s actually more like plastic than cardstock! 

I begun by adding some isopropyl alcohol to my background and then added different shades of red alcohol ink. The inks immediately started to react with the isopropyl and blend together forming a gorgeous effect. I added more isopropyl and then moved the inks around using a blower tool. I applied the inks diagonally on my background, making sure to add enough so that I wouldn’t cover it all up when I started to build my layout on top! 


The alcohol inks dried pretty quickly, which is great for me as I’m quite impatient! I added a layer of red Bazzill cardstock behind my photo, along with a layer of foam, and placed it in the centre of my page. Around it, I embellished with florals and leaves from the Laser Cut Outs - Wildflower. I adore these packs in 49 and Market collections - there are always so many pieces in them and they are always so beautiful. 

I layered the florals diagonally through my photo, following the line of the mixed media. 


For my title, I used a chipboard word from Dusty Attic which says ‘Love’. To make it more interesting (and sparkly!), I heat embossed it with a gold embossing powder. Heat embossing on chipboard is so easy and really jazzes it up. 


I finished off my layout with a few phrase banners and hearts from the chipboard set, some gold splatters and some sequins in coordinating colours. 


I hope you’ve enjoyed this layout. The Rouge collection is truly stunning and I can’t wait to get stuck back in with my second layout. 

Wishing you all a lovely weekend.

Rebecca x

@preciouspagespapercraft







No comments: