Monday 10 April 2023

Life in Bloom - Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Life in Bloom

Hello, it’s Rebecca with you today. I hope you all had a lovely Easter yesterday and are enjoying your Bank Holiday today. I couldn’t resist creating another layout with Simple Vintage Life in Bloom from Simple Stories - it’s going to be hard for Simple Stories to release another collection that knocks this one off the top of my favourites list! You can find the collection here.



I begun by tearing some strips from 3 different patterned papers, varying the lengths slightly. I distressed the edges and then rolled the bottom edge of each back a bit to reveal the colour from underneath. I layered these strips towards the bottom of my cardstock and placed my photo on top. I usually add a white frame around my photos, but I felt like trying something different today. Instead, I dabbed some white gesso around the edge of my photo to help it fade out towards the edges to give it a softer look. I really like how this turned out and will definitely try it again. 




I wanted to use the ‘life in bloom’ title from the Combo Stickers sheet as my little boy is holding my Mother’s Day flowers in the photo - which had finally bloomed! As it is quite a large title in comparison to my photo, I wanted to get it in place early on, to make sure I had the space for it. 




With my photo and title now in place, I moved on to embellishing. I absolutely adore all the pretty florals in this collection - the colours are stunning and they are so easy to use. I’ve used florals and leaves from the Floral Bits and Pieces pack and have tucked them in around the edges of my photo and paper strips. 




Above my photo, I’ve added a couple of smaller pieces of patterned paper - a torn scrap I had on my desk, as well as half a film strip from one of the cut-apart sheets (again, a scrap leftover from another layout!). 


Behind my title I added a couple of ticket stubs from the Bits and Pieces pack, and below my photo I added a gorgeous ‘cluster sticker’ from the Sticker Book. I love these stickers as they are made up of several elements which appear layered - even though they are flat stickers! 



I finished off the page with the addition of some fussy-cut butterflies (of course!) and some small hearts and sequins. 




Thanks so much for reading. I hope you’ve enjoyed this layout as much as I enjoyed creating it. Don’t forget to check out the collection in the store (this one won’t be re-stocked so grab what you can, whilst you can!). 


Take care,


Rebecca 

@preciouspagespapercraft

No comments: