Friday 21 April 2023

Simple Stories - Flea Market - Welcome Home

Hi there,

Claire here today sharing my second layout with you using the Flea Market collection from Simple Stories. 

I am loving this collection - the colours are just perfect for Spring. So vibrant and happy. 


For my base, I used a piece of Premium White Cardstock. I applied a thin coat of clear gesso as I planned to add watercolour to the background. 

Whilst the gesso was drying, I cut three 3.5" squares of patterned paper and added a row of machine stitching around each one, distressing the edges for extra texture.


I used:

For the square holding my photo, I applied a double mount, also using a piece of pink Bazzill cardstock from the Matchmaker Pack.

I placed the squares roughly on my page and drew a light pencil outline to mark where the papers would sit before applying two different shades of watercolour paint with a brayer.

Once the paint had dried, I adhered each square with foam pads, laid them diagonally down the page and began to embellish.

I pulled out lots of florals from the Floral Bits & Pieces pack - there are so many in here! 48 pieces in total and they're all a decent size so are quite impactful, making the pack go a long way.

I created three clusters - at the top, middle and bottom of the design, using a mix of florals and leaves.




Some are adhered flat to the page, whilst others are raised on foam the give the clusters height. I added the leaves with Glossy Accents, sliding these in amongst the flowers and curling the leaves for dimension.

I used the bottom square as the anchor to hold my title.


To create it, I used the word Home from the Chipboard Stickers, and teamed this with the key from the same pack. For Welcome, I used some Puffy Alpha stickers from the Pinkfresh Studio Life Right Now range, which complement the colours in the Flea Market collection beautifully.

As a final touch, I added a few extra embellishments around my photo. I selected a colourful tag and small sentiment saying  'So Cute' from the Journal Bits & Pieces Pack. I sat it along the top edge of my picture, helping tie in all the colours together.


I hope you've enjoyed this quick and simple layout. It really was a pleasure to create as the patterned paper and floral ephemera make such an impact, it really didn't need lots more.

If you haven't seen it already, i'd recommend you check this collection out in the store. You can find it here. The photos really don't do it justice - it's absolutely stunning in real life.


Until next month, happy scrapping!


Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate

No comments: