Friday 7 April 2023

Simple Stories - Flea Market - You're My Fave

Hi everyone,

Claire here today, sharing a layout made with the Simple Stories Flea Market collection.

This range is packed full of beautiful colours, patterns, ephemera, icons and oodles of beautiful florals - the scrapping possibilities are endless! It's such a versatile collection and the colours are gorgeous.

I couldn't wait to get stuck in, having a blast with the patterned papers, florals and icon ephemera and I love how this layout turned out.


I started with a piece of Coconut Swirl Bazzill cardstock from the matchmaker pack. It's a really lovely cardstock that feels quite smooth and silky to touch.

Using 2 pieces of torn patterned paper (You're My Fave - a and b sides, and Tell The Story), I layered the across the top of the page to create real texture, definition and a bright pop of colour.


I wanted to offset my photos, and build some layers to draw attention to them against the bold patterned paper.

Using frames from the Journal Bits & Pieces I mounted my photos and added two layers of foam, making sure they'd sit flat against the ruffled edges of the paper.


Once the photos were in place, I began embellishing.

I picked out some pieces I considered to be travel themed, as we were in Italy when these pictures were taken. The camera and the globe from the Chipboard Stickers were perfect. I layered these with some of the Journal Bits & Pieces to create small clusters.


And then came those stunning florals - Wow - this Floral Bits & Pieces pack is full of gorgeous florals! There are 48 pieces in total and they are stunning!

I created a cascade of flowers around my photo, to reflect the patterned paper at the top.



T o create depth, I layered some on foam, and mixed the cardstock pieces with chipboard to create extra interest.



To create my title, I was hugely inspired by a yellow tag that says 'You're my fave' and just had to use these words for my page. I used some Pinkfresh Studio Life Right Now Puffy Alpha Stickers to recreate the title - they're a perfect match for this collection - and that was my page finished.

I have to tell you, I'm a little bit in love with this collection. It is incredibly versatile and could be used in countless layouts about pretty much any topic. I'd highly recommend it.

I'll be back again with another layout in a few weeks so see you then :)

Claire xx
@Scrappysoulmate

No comments: